Holiday Survival Guide
Incorporate these thoughts in your life as your survival guide through the holidays……
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day & while you walk, SMILE. It is the ultimate antidepressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day and no ill thoughts of your relatives are allowed.
3. When you wake up in the morning, Pray to ask God’s guidance.
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants, and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, broccoli, and almonds. Wine is NOT one of the four food groups; but indulge to take the edge off, ONLY if needed.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day (without giving a monetary gift).
7. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control.
Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment of the holidays.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
9. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Forgive them for everything.
11. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12.You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil your holiday.
14. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness this holiday except you and Santa, of course.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: ‘In five years, will this matter?’
17. Help the needy, Be Generous ! Be a ‘Giver’ not a ‘Taker’
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. Time heals everything.
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
21. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed ,Pray to God and Be thankful for what you’ve accomplished today.
24. Remember that you are too blessed.
25. Forward this to everyone on your list to help them lead a happier holiday.